Luisa Language Teaching & Tutoring offers online language training in Italian and Japanese to individuals and businesses. Our hours of operations are Monday through Saturday, 8 am to 9 pm Eastern Time.
Since its opening in 2019, Luisa Language Teaching & Tutoring has helped over one hundred students reach their goals and offered over 3,000 lesson hours. Luisa's lessons maintained consistent 5-star reviews on all platforms, as well as overwhelmingly positive feedback from all students. You can see what our clients have to say about us on Thumbtack, Google, and Facebook, as well as through the numerous testimonials on this website.
LLT&T is women-led and LGBT+ friendly: students are encouraged to share their pronouns. we do not tolerate any form of racism and we strive to make this place of learning comfortable and kind for everyone.
pronouns: she, her
Luisa Montagner the founder and main instructor of Luisa Language Teaching & Tutoring. She grew up in Venice, Italy, where she lived until the age of 22. She moved to the US at the end of 2018 after spending some years Tokyo, Japan, where she used to work for the prestigious Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute (新宿日本語学校). Luisa is a native speaker of Italian, a dedicated professional, and a linguistics enthusiast. She is fluent in Japanese, English, French, and German and will gladly conduct lessons in any of these languages.
Holds a Master’s Degree in Teaching and promoting the Italian language and culture to foreigners and a Bachelor's Degree in Japanese studies from Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
Completed an Italian teaching internship at Old Dominion University, VA, in June 2019.
Studied and worked at Yokohama National University from September 2016 to August 2017.
pronouns: she, her
pronouns: she, her
Ayano Maramba is the resident teaching assistant at Luisa Language Teaching & Tutoring. She coordinates the speaking practice, role-playing activities, and conversation sessions for all Japanese students.
Ayano recently moved to Virginia from Okinawa, Japan. Working at Kadena air base was an enlightening experience for her: she loved working in a multicultural environment, and gladly seized the chance to continue sharing her knowledge and life experience as a Japanese native with all students here in the US. Ayano is fluent in English and is available for inquiries in both languages.
Ayano holds a Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education from Shogakuin International Business Academy (尚学院国際ビジネスアカデミー) and is currently pursuing further education.
Luisa Language Teaching partner: Renata Urban
Renata Urban is a professional, resourceful, and patient trainer and consultant with more than 25 years combined experience in language, intercultural, and communication skills training. Renata has a linguist and a business background with experience in HR Training and Development, Public Relations, and Marketing/ Communications. She can draw on a wide range of experience working with global corporations, international language schools, and private individuals. Renata prides herself on being extremely dependable, organized, and analytic when it comes to the preparation and execution of a training or relocation project while maintaining a highly flexible, adaptable, and creative mindset. She is an empathic training professional and relocation destination consultant who is passionate about languages and intercultural communication, helping clients achieve their goals and making a difference in people's lives.
- General intercultural awareness training for groups
- Team-specific/ country-specific intercultural training
- One-on-one intercultural coaching
- Pre- and/ or post-relocation intercultural training for individuals
- Access to award-winning resources and online intercultural profiling tools such as CultureActive© as a licensed partner of Richard Lewis Communications
Relocation Support and Advice
- Country-specific training (US, Germany, UK, Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland, and more)
- Outbound services (relocation advice, language and intercultural training before going abroad)
- Inbound services (local destination services and support, language and intercultural training upon arrival in South Florida)
ESL and Foreign Language Training
- English as a Second Language training for non-native speakers of English (any level, general and business English, job-specific training)
- TOEFL, TOEIC, and IELTS test preparation courses
- German as a foreign language for those working with Germany or German-speaking businesses (any level, general and business German, job-specific training)
- Test DaF and Zertifikat Deutsch test preparation
- Translation of documents English → German and German→ English
- Interpretation services English → German and German→ English
Communication Skills Training
Presentation skills, public speaking, negotiating, conflict management, giving feedback, writing skills for business, telephoning and customer service skills, etc.